With Verbum, you have a massive library and powerful tools at your fingertips. Many of these can be quickly accessed with just a right mouse click. Right-clicking opens the Context menu, which allows you to perform searches, open tools, create documents, and more.
Note: Context menu options will vary depending on your base package and the resource used.
Open a resource, such as a Bible, and right-click a word or highlight to open the Context menu.
The left pane of the Context menu displays options allowing you to select exactly what it is you want to search. Click an option on the left to change the options displayed on the right to provide the most relevant tools. The top of the right pane features a header describing the context label selected on the left side.
Each context label features an icon to distinguish it from the rest.
The topmost section brings up commands for selection and reference, while the second section features original language commands including:
: tools to examine the form of the word presented in the Manuscript itself.
: tools to dig into the Lemma of the selected word.
: tools for language study on the Root of the selected word.
: displays morphological information about the word and tools to dive in deeper.
: quick access to the Strong's and Louw-Nida data for the selected word.
: tools to explore the word's Sense.
The third section presents a range of further options including:
: a link to the Event that is taking place in the text.
: the person identified as the Speaker.
: the person (or people) identified as the Addressee.
: the Preaching Theme present in the text.
: the Theological Topics present in the text.
: information about Figurative Language used.
: Cultural Concepts being discussed.
If more than one of these types is present, click the caret on the left to expand the section.
- The right pane displays commands. You can use these links as quick access to the tools, guides, searches, etc. in Verbum to delve deeper into your desired information. The commands available are sorted into sections, and when there are more commands available than can fit in the panel, you can scroll up and down to view all of the options.
- Selecting a command in the right pane executes that command.
Context Menu Destinations
Some of the tools and features you can access via the Context Menu include:
Note: This section does not show a complete list of options - but does indicate some of the range of options available.
- Send the selected text to the Copy Bible Verses Tool
- Add a note to the selected text
- Run a range of searches for the selected text
- Add the selected text to a Clippings Document
- Run a Passage Guide on the reference
- Run Text Comparison on the reference
- Add a note to the reference
- Add the reference to a Passage List
- Open the Factbook to the article on the lemma
- Run a Bible Word Study on the lemma
- Run a range of searches for the lemma
- Look up the lemma in a lexicon
- Add the lemma to a Word List
- Open the Factbook to the article on the sense of the word selected
- Open the Bible Sense Lexicon to the entry on that sense
- Run a range of searches for the sense
- Open the Factbook to the article on the event
- Open the Atlas to maps associated with the event
- Open the Biblical Event Navigator to the event
- Open the Sermon Starter Guide to the entry on the preaching theme
- Run a range of searches for the key verses associated with the preaching theme
- Open the Theology Guide to the entry on the theological topic
Verbum Help: Context Menu