Use the Copy Bible Verses tool to copy text from a Bible version in your Verbum library, select the formatting, and paste it into word processing and other software.
- Click Tools > Passage > Copy Bible Verses, or type Copy Bible Verses in the Find tools box and press Enter. The Copy Bible Verses tool will appear in a new panel.
- Enter the reference for the biblical passage you want to copy into the Reference box and select from the drop-down list of suggested passages, or press Enter.
- Select how you want the copied text to appear when you paste it by clicking the Formatting drop-down menu and making a selection.
- Select the Bible version you want to use by clicking the Bible version drop-down menu and making a selection.
- Select the computer program in which you want to paste your text by clicking the Destination drop-down menu and making a selection. (Note: You can use this tool even if the program you are using does not appear in the list.)
- Click Copy (this copies text to your clipboard; you can paste in any program) or Copy and Paste (this copies text and pastes it in the active window of the program you selected).
You can create a new style or customize an existing style (It’s typically easier to customize an existing style than start from scratch). To do so:
- Select the style you want to modify in the Formatting drop-down menu.
- Click the Copy Bible Verses panel menu icon [icon] and select Edit Style: [style name].
- A text pane will appear where you can add or remove formatting markup. For a complete list of formatting options and markup, see the Verbum Help documentation.
Copy Non-sequential Verses
You can copy as many different verses as you want at one time. To do so, include a comma or semicolon between passages, e.g. Rom 1:1-7, 1 Cor 1:1-9, 2 Cor 1:1-2.
Note: Do not include a comma or semicolon after the final reference.
Verbum Help: Copy Bible Verses