Mobile Education courses provide learning experiences that can deepen your understanding of a subject in an interactive format. You can access your courses from the Library or the Courses tool.
Skip ahead to:
- Access Your Courses
- How to Study a Course
- Additional Readings and Resources
- Access Courses in Verbum Mobile App
Access Your Courses
You can access all available courses in the Library or in the Courses tool.
- Library: view owned courses as audio, video, or a textbook format
- Courses tool: view your course as a step-by-step study
Access Courses in the Library.
Courses in the Library can be viewed in audio, video, or a textbook format. Click the Library icon in the main toolbar and expand the Type filter in the filter pane (if you don’t see the filter pane, click the menu icon ).
Mobile Ed courses in the Library can be viewed in two different ways:
- View Video/Audio: View only video/audio resources for any Mobile Ed course. Locate and select the Courseware Media Collection filter. (You may need to click More » to show the filter.)
- View Textbook: Courseware textbooks contain the full transcripts of each lesson with links to the corresponding videos, additional resources, and educational assessments. Locate and select the Courseware Textbook filter. (You may need to click More » to show the filter.)
Access Courses in the Courses Tool.
When viewing owned Mobile Education courses in the Courses took, the courses display as step-by-step studies.
- Open the Courses Tool.
Click Tools and select Courses.
- Filter by the Courseware category (if you don’t see the filter pane, click the menu icon ).
- Select any course.
All courses show in one of several categories:
- Started: Courses you’ve already begun studying. An indicator shows your current progress.
- Recommended for you: Courses Verbum recommends you begin studying.
- Available: Courses you own but have not yet started.
- Unavailable: Courses you do not yet own. Select any course to see a preview. You can purchase any course through the Verbum store.
How to Study a Course
Study from the Library.
If viewing a Courseware Media Collection, watch or listen to the media in order. To view the Table of Contents for the collection, click the menu icon .
If viewing a Coursework Textbook, scroll to read the resource. Videos will show inline as you read and clicking any video will open the corresponding Courseware Media Collection. To view the Table of Contents for the collection, click the Table of Contents icon .
Courseware textbooks also include a few other features:
- Search textbook: Click the Search icon to enable searching. By default, Verbum searches All Text within the resource. To limit the search by a specific search field (e.g., Footnote text, Heading Text, etc.) or highlight/markup field, click the blue All Text and make selections in the dropdown.
- Visual Filters: You can enable available Visual Filters for your textbook with the Visual Filters menu icon . Learn more about Visual Filters.
- Notes: Click the Notes icon above the left-hand panel to show any personal notes you’ve taken in your current course. If you’ve enabled the Notes and Highlights visual filter, a note indicator will show for each note you’ve taken in the resource. Create new notes from the Selection Menu or the Context Menu.
Study from the Courses Tool
The Courses Tool tracks your current progress through each given course. To start a course, open it in the Courses Tool and choose Start.
Note: Verbum automatically divides your coursework into manageable sections and lets you study at your own pace. For a more structured approach to your course, click at my own pace and set up a more structured schedule before clicking Start.
As you study each learning segment, the left-hand Table of Contents panel tracks your progress. If your course includes a video component, watch the video at the top of the panel and read the included materials below the video. When finished with a segment, click Continue.
After completing each learning segment, Verbum displays your current progress through the course.
Additional Readings and Resources
Many courses include suggested resources to read and explore, like reference works or Verbum guides. Click any link to open the resource.
If you do not own a resource, a lock icon shows next to the resource. Open the resource to purchase it from the Verbum store. If studying in the Courses tool, Verbum will inform you if you don’t own a resource and prompt you to purchase it in-app.
Taking Quizzes and Exams
Throughout the course, you may be prompted to take a quiz or an exam. Click the link to open the quiz panel.
As you answer the questions, your progress shows in the top right-hand corner of the panel. When finished answering, click Grade to grade the quiz. Verbum will grade your quiz.
Access Courses in Verbum Mobile App
You can open any courses in the Verbum Mobile App from the Library.
Within the Library, open the Filter panel , expand Type, and choose either Courseware Media Collection or Courseware Textbook.
Alternatively, open the main navigation menu , scroll down to the Library section and choose Courses section (This shows your Courseware Textbooks).
Note: You can listen to audio only for each course by tapping the Audio Library option and locating any Mobile Ed audio resource.
As you interact with the course, you can view videos, take quizzes, and interact with course materials and resources. To view the table of contents for the course, click the table of context icon in the top toolbar.