The Verbum Home Page provides quick access to many tools, resources, and training tips, as well as news about Verbum and special deals on resources.
By default, Verbum opens to the Home page. To change this, type show program settings in the command box and change the At Startup Open to setting to any of the available options except Home. You can also navigate to Program Settings by clicking Tools > Utilities > Program Settings.
To navigate back to the Home Page at any time, click the Home icon in the upper-left corner of the application.
The Home Page is composed of two areas: the Dashboard, which displays cards that open features like Layouts, Reading Plans, and Workflows that allow you to jump right into your study; and the Explore section, which displays cards linking to a wealth of content, like verse of the day art, articles, and interviews.
At the top of the Home Page, the settings icon allows you to choose the number of columns displayed (either 3, 4, or 5). Verbum will automatically adjust the number of columns depending on the size of the Verbum window and the selected Program/Content Scaling.
The Dashboard features several cards that open particular tasks or documents. You can add additional cards by clicking the [+] at the top of the section, then clicking the card type you’d like to add, and selecting the checkboxes for the specific cards you want to add. You can rearrange cards by clicking and dragging them to the desired location. You can also remove existing cards by clicking the card’s menu icon and selecting Remove card.
The following card types may appear in your Dashboard:
- Quickstart Layout cards display the layout name and a list of resources that will open within the layout.
- Reading Plan cards display the status of active reading plans, and include a link to the day’s reading, to Read ahead if you want to move on to the next reading after completing the day’s reading, or to Catch me up if you’ve fallen behind.
- Course cards display the next lesson for any course in progress. Course cards may include topical learning plans in addition to Mobile Ed courses.
- Workflow cards display the next step in the designated workflow.
- Prayer List cards display a preview of the prayers you have scheduled for that day. If there are more prayers than can fit on the card, +# more is added to the bottom of the card indicating the number that are not displayed.
- Lectionary cards indicate the next upcoming event listed in the selected lectionary as well as the liturgical color associated with the current calendar date. Click the lectionary card to open the lectionary home page layout, which displays: the lectionary, prioritized bibles, prioritized commentaries, the cited by tool, and the explorer tool.
- Daily Devotional cards display the selected devotion for the day.
The Explore section features a variety of cards linking to resources within your library, blogs, featured resources in the Verbum store, and to software features that will enhance your experience. Clicking some of these cards will open a tab in your default web browser.
The following card types may appear in the Explore section:
- Blog post cards show snippets of articles from Verbum and Faithlife blogs.
- Reading Plan cards show available Bible reading plans from a pool of predefined plans.
- Course cards show Mobile.Ed courses or topical learning plans that might be of interest to you.
- Featured Resource cards show special offers currently available in the Logos store, including pre-publication resources under development.
- Verse of the Day cards exhibit a different artistically rendered Bible verse slide every day.
- Saints cards access the Saints Dataset to display the names and biographical details of saints who have a feast day on that particular day.
Verbum Help: Home Page