The Verbum Home Page provides quick access to many tools, resources, and training tips, as well as news about Verbum and special deals on resources. By default, Verbum opens to the Home page. To change this, type show program settings in the command box and change the At Startup Open to setting to any of the available options except Home. You can also navigate to Program Settings by clicking the main toolbar menu icon in the lower-left corner and selecting Program Settings.
Note: To navigate back to the Home Page at any time, click the Home icon in the upper-left corner of the application.
The Home Page is composed of two areas: the Dashboard, which displays cards that open features like Layouts, Reading Plans, and Workflows that allow you to jump right into your study; and the Explore section, which displays cards linking to a wealth of content, like verse of the day art, articles, and interviews.
At the top of the Home Page, the settings icon allows you to choose the number of columns displayed (either 3, 4, or 5). Verbum will automatically adjust the number of columns depending on the size of the Verbum window and the selected Program/Content Scaling. This menu also allows users who have paid for a Verbum package to toggle the marketing banner on or off.
The Dashboard features several cards that open particular tasks or documents. You can add additional cards by clicking at the top of the section. Next, select the card type you’d like to add, and mark the checkboxes for the specific cards you want to add. Then, click Add. You can also rearrange cards by clicking and dragging them to the desired location. Finally, you can remove existing cards by clicking the card’s menu icon and selecting Remove card.
The following card types may appear in your Dashboard:
- Course cards display the next lesson for any course in progress. Course cards may include topical learning plans in addition to Mobile Ed courses. Learn more about Courses.
- Daily Devotional cards display the selected devotion for the day.
- Layout cards (either Quickstart or Saved) display the layout name and a list of resources that will open within the layout. Learn more about Layouts.
- Lectionary cards indicate the next upcoming event listed in the selected lectionary as well as the liturgical color associated with the current calendar date. Click the lectionary card to open the lectionary home page layout which displays: the lectionary, prioritized Bibles, prioritized commentaries, the cited by tool, and the explorer tool. Learn more about using a Lectionary.
- Prayer List cards display a preview of the prayers you have scheduled for that day. If there are more prayers than can fit on the card, +# more is added to the bottom of the card indicating the number that are not displayed. Learn more about Prayer Lists.
- Reading Plan cards display the status of active reading plans and include links: to the day’s reading, to Read ahead if you want to move on to the next reading after completing the day’s reading, or to Catch me up if you’ve fallen behind. Learn more about Reading Plans.
- Workflow cards display the next step in the designated workflow. Learn more about Workflows.
- Saints cards access the Saints Dataset to display the names and biographical details of saints who have a feast day on that particular day. (This card will only display if you have an Anglican, Lutheran, Orthodox, or Verbum base package.)
- Homily cards open the upcoming homily in Homily Builder. If an upcoming homily does not exist, this card can be used to start a new one.
The Explore section features a variety of cards linking to resources within your library, blogs, featured resources in the Verbum store, and to software features that will enhance your experience. Clicking some of these cards will open a tab in your default web browser.
The following card types may appear in the Explore section:
- Blog post cards show snippets of articles from the Verbum blog or Word by Word.
- Excerpt cards show a snippet of text from a book in your library. Click the card to open the resource to the displayed excerpt.
- Feature Suggestion cards recommend Verbum features such as workflows and interactives.
- From Your Library cards display summaries of resources in the Library. Clicking the card opens the displayed resource in a new panel.
- Featured Resource cards show special offers currently available in the Verbum store, including pre-publication resources under development and community pricing resources that are not yet in development.
- Verbum Training Video cards link out to training videos created by the User Education team.
- Today in Christian History cards link to Factbook entries for today’s date.
- Verse of the Day cards exhibit a different artistically rendered Bible verse slide every day.
Verbum Help: Home Page