The Pronunciation tool allows you to easily find the correct pronunciation of Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek lemmas, in addition to some English words. The Pronunciation tool can be accessed from the Context menu within a Bible resource, in the Factbook, or opened as a panel from the Tools menu.
Note: The Pronunciation tool will only provide the pronunciation of lemmas (dictionary forms of word), it will not provide the pronunciation of inflected forms.
- Open a Bible resource from the Library or Command box.
- Right-click the word you want to pronounce.
- Select the lemma form of the word in the right panel of the Context menu.
- Click Pronounce in the left pane of the Context menu. Verbum will play an audio clip of the correct pronunciation of that lemma.
Pronunciation is embedded in the Factbook after certain words (usually English versions of Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic words). To hear the correct pronunciation of a word, click the Speaker icon beside it. Verbum will play an audio clip of the correct pronunciation of that word.
- Click Tools > Lookup > Pronunciation, or click Tools and type Pronunciation in the Find tools box and press Enter. The Pronunciation tool will open in a new panel.
- Select the language and pronunciation style you want from the Language drop-down menu. (You can find more information about a pronunciation style by selecting it, then clicking the panel menu icon and selecting Information.)
- Search for a word by typing it in the search box, or by scrolling through the list of words.
- Click the word you want to pronounce. Verbum will play an audio clip of the correct pronunciation of that lemma.
More Information about Pronunciation
To find more information about pronunciation or the approach used in the Pronunciation tool, open the panel menu and click Information, or press Cmd + I (Mac) or Ctrl + Shift + I (Windows).
Verbum Help: Pronunciation