Media search allows you to quickly find useful media (slides, photos, diagrams, videos, collections and art, audio tracks, interactive media, web images, etc.) from your Verbum library as well as from the Verbum Media Service and the internet.
To begin a Media search.
- Click the Search icon in the toolbar.
- Ensure that the Media search type is selected. (Other search types available depend on your base package.)
- Verbum provides several tools to help you formulate an effective query:
- Search Templates allow you to build a more complex search without having to use search syntax. Instead, select the kind of search you want to make, then entering your search terms in the dialog box that appears. Search Templates appear in the left navigation menu, which can be toggled on/off using the navigation menu icon .
- Search Suggestions: As you type, Verbum will populate a list of suggestions to help you refine your search. For best results, select one of these. Otherwise, finish typing your search query and press Enter.
- Verbum will display a categorized list of search results.
This section displays any results for your personal books (resources you’ve compiled using the Personal Book Builder).
This section displays search results from the Verbum Media Archive. Click a result under Media Collections to open the item in the Verbum Media Utility (requires internet connection).
This displays relevant results from a range of internet sources. Your results will vary depending on your base package. Click a result to open a web browser displaying that item in its original context (requires internet connection).
This section displays results from the Verbum Atlas (available in certain packages). Click a result to open that item in the Atlas tool (requires internet connection).
This section displays search results from resources in your Verbum library. Click a result to open that item within its respective resource.
Refining Your Search
Using Search Operators
You can use operators to create more advanced searches. For example, if you'd like to find a media item that contains specific elements, try typing [word] AND [word]. Your search results will display items that match both of your search terms.
Limit Your Search
You can limit your search to a specific media type by clicking All Media and selecting Audio, Images, or Video. You can also expand each of these types by clicking the Expand icon and selecting one or more media subtypes.
Search Specific Resources
You can search for media from specific groups of documents or resources by clicking All Resources. You can type the name of the resource in the dialog box that appears, or make a selection from the drop-down list.
Verbum Help: Media Search