Verbum workflows guide you through your investigation of biblical passages, words, or topics step by step. They help you to study the context of a passage, compare translations, discover key terms, read excerpts from top resources, and capture your thoughts in one place. You can quickly and easily create a custom workflow to fit your study and research needs. In this article, we’ll show you how to create a custom workflow to use for your daily Bible study.
Note: Available in packages Silver and above.
To create a custom Workflow:
- Open the Guides menu
- Click New at the bottom right and then Make a new Workflow
- Choose a kind of Workflow to create.
Note: As prominently addressed in the Workflow editor panel, once you have chosen a Workflow kind, you cannot change it. If you select the wrong kind, you will need to restart the process. The kind of Workflow you choose will impact which tools and resources you can add.For our daily Bible study workflow, we'll select Bible Reference.
- Name the Workflow in the top left corner. This will allow you to easily find your Workflow in the future and be able to share it with the Verbum community. For this article, we'll call it Devotional Bible Study.
- Click Add under the first major step to include detail about this step, add more Major/Minor steps, or add specific tasks to complete. The Add menu features a search box to help you find particular tasks to include.
- Below the section to add new steps, you will find options to include user-generated content such as:
- Document: This section allows you to create or open a specific document in the Workflow.
- Expandable Text: This section is the same as the one above, but the content is displayed in the Workflow as a more link that will only display its content after the link has been clicked.
- Question/Answer: This section offers a question and space below to answer it.
- Share Text: This section allows users to enter text (such as observations or reflections) and share it with others using the links below.
- Share Media: This section provides a link that opens the Media tool to a search on the entered person, place, passage, or event.
- Text: This section allows free-form text entry. Its intent is to give an overview of what the step involves, but users can enter whatever text they wish.
- Below the section for user-generated content, the Workflow editor displays specific tools and guide sections. Each of the available tasks will automatically display content on the entered person, place, passage, event, topic, etc.
- Each step or task has its own panel menu icon . Click this icon to display a variety of options like Move up, Move down, or Delete this action.
- When you have completed the Workflow definition, click Done in the upper right of the Workflow editor panel to save it.
Verbum Help: Workflows
Verbum Help: Custom Workflows