Verbum workflows guide you through your investigation of biblical passages, words, or topics step by step. They help you to study the context of a passage, compare translations, discover key terms, read excerpts from top resources, and capture your thoughts in one place. You can quickly and easily create a custom workflow to fit your study and research needs.
Building a Custom Workflow
- Open the Guides menu and click New > Make a new Workflow in the bottom right corner. This will open the Workflow editor panel.
- Choose which kind of Workflow you want to create.
Note: As prominently addressed in the Workflow editor panel, once you have chosen a workflow kind, you cannot change it. If you select the wrong kind, you will need to restart the process.
- Fill in the top section with your name and a description of the Workflow. This step is optional, since you may intend to keep this Workflow for strictly personal use. If, however, you want to share it with the Verbum community, filling in these details will help others know what to expect when accessing it.
Note: You can edit the name of the Workflow at any point by clicking the name and overwriting the existing name.
- Click Add under the first major step to include details about this step, add more major/minor steps, or add specific tasks to complete. The Add menu features a search box so you can quickly find a particular task to include.
- Below the section to add new steps, you will find options to include user-generated content, such as:
Text — This section allows you to enter free-form text. Its intent is to give an overview of what the step involves, but you can enter whatever text you wish.
Expandable Text — This section is the same as the one above, but it displays in your Workflow as a more >> link that will only display its content after you have clicked it.
Question/Answer — This section offers a question and space below to answer it.
Share Text — This section allows you to enter text (such as observations or reflections) and share it with others using the links below.
Share Media — This section provides a link that opens the Media tool to a search on the person, place, passage, or event you entered.
Tip: Look at the Workflows included in Verbum for examples of what you may want to include.
- Below the section for user-generated content, you will find options to include specific tools or guide sections. Each of the available tasks will automatically display content on the person, place, passage, or event you entered.
- Each of the steps and tasks you add to your Workflow has its own panel menu icon . Click this icon to display a variety of options.
Panel menu for Steps.
Panel menu for tasks
- When you have finished entering all the steps, sub-steps, text, and tasks, click Done in the upper right of the Workflow editor panel.
Edit a Custom Workflow
You can go back and edit the Workflow at any time. To do this, click Guides > Custom Workflow and then right-click the Workflow you want to edit. Click Edit.
You can also open the Workflow as normal, then open the panel menu and select Edit this workflow.
Verbum Help: Workflows
Verbum Help: Custom Workflows