The Media tool allows you to easily create slides from media in your Verbum library.
The Media tool can be accessed from:
- The Toolbar — Click the Media tool to search or browse for media.
- A Media Search — Search for media.
- The Media Collections guide section — Find media associated with a specific passage.
- The Context menu — start with highlighted text from a Bible or other resource.
From the Toolbar
- Click Tools > Utilities > Media, or click Tools and type media in the Find tools box. The Media browser will appear in a new panel.
- Open the Search tool and select the Media search type.
- Type a search query and press Enter. You can also customize your search by specifying the media type or resources to search.
- Clicking a media item opens it in the Media tool.
From the Media Collections guide section
- Open the Guides menu by clicking Guides in the toolbar.
- Type media in the Guides menu search box and press Enter.
- Select the Media Collections guide section from the results that appear.
From the Context menu
- Select the text you want to place on a slide.
- Right-click your selection and ensure that the highlighted text is selected in the left pane of the Context menu. Then select Visual Copy in the right pane of the Context menu.
- Verbum will open the Media tool and generate a slide displaying the text you’ve highlighted.
- To select a different slide style, click the Slides icon in the upper-right and make a selection.
Using the Media Tool
Enter a search query in the Search box. You can search for a biblical passage, author, location, tag, and more. To refine your search:
- Enter another query in the Search box. Each query you’ve entered will be displayed at the top of the content window. Remove search query by clicking the X adjacent to it.
- You can choose to show only media objects you’ve uploaded by clicking the Media library drop-down menu and selecting User Media.
Select categories or tags from the sidebar on the left. You can select multiple categories or tags to refine the displayed results.
To sort media:
- Click the Sort drop-down menu and make a selection.
Customize Your Slide
You can customize a media slide in Verbum before exporting it to your preferred presentation software.
- Change the slide dimensions by clicking the Format drop-down menu and making a selection.
- Place text on the slide by clicking the Body Text box and typing or pasting the desired text.
- You can change the text font, size, color, and style using the toolbar at the top of the content window.
Export a Slide
You can save your slide as an image file by clicking Save as… in the Media browser toolbar. Enter the title, select a file location and filetype, then click Save.
You can send your slide directly to a sermon file within Verbum, Faithlife Proclaim, or Powerpoint by clicking Send To and making a selection.
You can print your slide and export to PDF or other filetypes by clicking Print. A new window will appear providing you with print and export options.
- Share your slide on social media by clicking one of the social media icons in the Media browser toolbar. An internet browser will appear providing you with sharing options.
- Insert your slide into an email by clicking the email icon in the Media browser toolbar. This will open your slide as an attachment in your default email client.
Use the Media browser to upload media to your Verbum library. Click Upload Media and select the file you want. Verbum will generate a slide from the selected file. You can change the slide dimensions and add text or tags. Your uploaded file will appear in future media searches when you search User Media.
Verbum Help: Media Tool