I have encountered an Error, Crash or Problem in Verbum for Mac and need to report it, or a Support Technician has requested Verbum Log Files.
See also: What to do if Verbum Crashes
Step 1: Download the Utility
- Download the Verbum Logging Utility zip file.
- Open "VerbumLogging.zip".
- Copy the Verbum Logging Utility to the Applications folder.
Step 2: Run the Utility
- Open Finder.
- Go to Applications.
- Open the Verbum Logging Utility.
- Click the "Enabled" button.
Verbum version should match the recognized installed version.
Note: The Logging Utility will not record correctly if Verbum is running in the background when you enable logging. You may need to open the Finder: Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor and manually quit the Verbum processes (Verbum Bible Software, VerbumIndexer and VerbumCEF if present).
Step 3: Recreate the Problem
- If Verbum is already open, quit and restart it.
- Recreate the problem, crash or bug.
- Click "Archive Logs" in the Verbum Logging Utility.
- If Verbum is freezing or "pinwheeling", use the "Sample" button instead.
- Save your logs to the Desktop.
Step 4: Write a Report
- Steps to reproduce the problem.
- What behavior you are experiencing when taking those steps exactly.
- What you expect to happen.
- Screenshots demonstrating the behavior.
- The Log file.
Alternatively, call Customer Support with the information at 1(800)875-6467.