Creating and submitting Diagnostic Information for Verbum
I have encountered a Problem or Error in Verbum and need to report it, or a Support Technician has requested that I send them log files.
Tip: If your problem occurred during installation, please skip to Step 4.
Step 1: Enable Logging
- Close Verbum if it is already open.
- Press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard.
- While still holding CTRL, open Verbum and wait for the "Sign in" window to appear.
- Release the CTRL key and click "Sign In", then try to recreate the problem.
Tip: Verbum will automatically open to a "blank layout," to prevent the home page or previous layout from loading and provide a more controlled environment. If you need to troubleshoot problems with a previous layout, open it from the "Layouts" menu.
Step 2: Collect your Logs
- Open your computer's Documents folder.
- Locate the "Verbum Log Files" folder.
- Right-click on the "Verbum Log Files" folder and choose "Send to Compressed (zipped) folder".
- A "Verbum Log Files.zip" should be created (".zip" may not be visible, but you can recognize it by the zipper on the folder icon).
Warning: If a Support Technician requested your logs directly, do not zip your logs. You can email them "as-is" to that Technician and skip Step 3.
Step 3: Write a Report
- Click here to visit the Verbum forum.
- Click on "Write a New Post."
- Enter a description of what you were doing when the bug or crash occured.
- Attach your "Verbum Log Files.zip" file from Step 2 using the media button shown with a small "paper clip" icon.
- Then "Post" your bug report.
- The support and development teams often monitors these forums and will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
If you experience an error running the Verbum Setup you will have to enable logging for VerbumSetup.exe.
- Save the EnableLogging.js script found here, to your Desktop.
- If you get a page of "code" when clicking the link, click the back arrow and right-clicking and use the "Save-as" option.
- Navigate to the Desktop and open the EnableLogging.js file you saved.
- Once you've enabled logging, retry the installation, then continue from Steps 2-3.
- You can later disable logging when the problem is resolved by using the DisableLogging.js script found here.
Tip: These steps can also be used to enable "Full-Time" logging, meaning Verbum will always record every session, each time over-writing the previous logs.
You can also submit your logs by email or by calling Customer Support at 1(800)875-6467.