With Verbum, you have a wealth of information right at your fingertips. This article offers some tips on how to navigate within your resources in order to find what you’re looking for.
Skip ahead to:
The Resource Toolbar
The Resource toolbar displays at the top of any open resource panel and offers quick access to commonly used Verbum features.
- The navigation menu icon opens the sidebar with tabs for the resource’s table of contents and for your notes and highlights.
- The location box displays your current location within the open resource.
- The inline search icon enables you to perform a Basic, Bible, or Morph search within the resource(s) you have open in the active panel. This article describes the different searches available for different resources and Bibles.
- The visual filters icon allows you to choose which visual filters are displayed in the current resource. Learn more here.
- The interlinear icon toggles the inline interlinear and/or the interlinear ribbon on and off. Click the dropdown arrow beside the interlinear icon to select what interlinear information is displayed. Learn more here.
- The multiple resources icon allows you to open two or more resources in parallel within the same panel. Learn more here.
- The parallel resource sets icon allows you to choose which sets of parallel resources will be accessible when using the left and right arrow buttons or keys. Learn more here.
- The navigation arrows move backward and forward through the panel’s history.
- The panel history icon displays the resources and pages that have been opened within the current panel.
- The panel menu icon opens the resource panel menu, which contains many options for working with the current resource.
The Locator Bar
The Locator bar is available in each of your resources and can be found near the top of each panel.
If the locator bar is not visible, select it from the Resource Panel menu.
The locator bar contains two sections:
The contents location section shows your current location relative to the table of contents. Each of the items in the location is a link you can use to navigate backward within the resource quickly.
The navigation choice section shows how the navigation arrows will move the displayed text (you can also press Alt+up/down (Windows) or Shift+Cmd+up/down (Mac) to navigate using your keyboard).
Opening the navigation selection allows you to choose between Article, Book, Chapter, and Verse.
- Article navigates by pericope in a Bible, heading in commentary, or next entry in a dictionary.
Note: The following three options only work with books that use Bible indexing.
- Book moves between books in the Bible.
- Chapter navigates from one chapter to another.
- Verse moves from one verse to another.
The Close button closes the Locator bar. The locator bar can be reopened by accessing the Resource Panel menu.
The navigation sidebar allows you to navigate using the table of contents for the resource, as well as filter the resource by notes you've taken. Click the navigation menu icon to open the navigation sidebar.
The navigation sidebar has two icons:
- Click the table of contents icon to display the table of contents for the resource. Click the title of a book, chapter, or section to display it in the main resource panel.
- Click the notes icon in the navigation menu to display a faceted list of note filters. Select one or more filters from the menu, and the resource will panel will display only the text associated with the notes that meet the filter criteria you've selected.