Troubleshooting Possible Update Problems on Mac
You may receive the following error when attempting to update or reinstall Verbum Bible Software:
"Unable to downgrade to a previous version."
"An error occurred while extracting the archive."
This error can occur if the uninstaller did not remove a previous copy of the Verbum application or the new copy has become corrupted. You can repair this by replacing it manually.
Note: This can also occur if you have copied the application to your Desktop. That copy will not update during the update process. This will mean you're opening an old version on top of the newer version which is not compatible. You can avoid this and resolve the problem described in this article by simply deleting the older Desktop copy and creating an "Alias" instead, from your Applications folder.
Part 1: Removing the previous Application file
- Open a Finder window and go to the Applications folder.
- Find the "Verbum" application file and move it to the Trash.
Part 2: Remove the previous Update records
- From Finder, open the "Go" menu.
- Choose "Go to Folder" and paste: ~/Library/Application Support/Verbum4/.
- Open the "Data" folder, and its randomly named sub-folder.
- Move the "DownloadManager" & "UpdateManager" folders to the Trash.
Part 3: Installing the latest Application file
- Click here to download the a new copy of the Verbum application.
- Wait for the file to download. This may take a couple minutes. You can watch the progress in your browser's "Downloads" window.
- If the "VerbumMac.dmg" file does not open automatically, double-click the file to open it.
- Drag the Verbum application to your Applications folder.
- Open Verbum.