You receive an error that your user account does not have sufficient privileges to run Verbum Setup
When Running VerbumSetup you immediately receive the following error:
The selected user does not have sufficient privileges to complete the setup. Please choose Administrator form the Run As... dialog.
If the message repeats after running VerbumSetup as an administrator then the Documents directory (a.k.a. Documents folder) for the Windows profile (a.k.a. "Windows user account") has likely been moved to a different location.
a Verbum Log Files folder in the Documents directory. It doesn't know that it the Documents directory has moved, or where to and fails.
Verify Documents directory location -
WARNING Editing the Registry can cause major damage to your installation of Windows. You do this at your own risk. If you do not feel comfortable then seek help from a computer technician. It is advised to make a backup of the registry from File > Export in order to restore if something should anything go wrong.
- Right-click the Start menu in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Click "Run".
- Type regedit and click "OK".
- Click "Yes".
- Backup the registry from File > Export.
- Navigate to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- The "Personal" entry's "Data" should be set to "%USERPROFILE%\Documents".
In this case "Personal" is your Windows profile's "Documents" folder. If this location is set somewhere other than %USERPROFILE%\Documents you may experience this problem and will want to set it back to the default location.
Setting Documents directory location -
- From \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders right-click the word "Personal" under the "Name" column.
- Click "Modify."
- In the "Value data" field type %USERPROFILE%\Documents.
- Click "OK".
- Restart your computer.
VerbumSetup should run without the previous error message appearing.
(If the data is set correctly then enable full-time logging (see Solution 4 here), replicate the behavior, and report it to technical support.)